The Continuing Education Scholarship for Members will be awarded each spring to a Central OEA/NEA member who is enrolled in a course of study supporting their professional role. The requirements are listed below:
One $1000.00 scholarship will be awarded based upon the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a Central OEA/NEA member.
- The member shall be taking classes or coursework related to education.
- If the member withdraws from the class or coursework prior to completion, they must return/refund the unused portion to Central OEA/NEA.
- Deadline for application is April 1st. Selection of the winner shall be completed by the Central finance committee and approved by the Executive Board prior to the Central Representative Assembly.
- Central will send the check directly to the college or university to be applied to the members’ account.
- A scholarship winner shall not be ineligible to participate in any future Continuing Education Scholarships.
- The total amount of the scholarship must be used in the fiscal year (Sept - Aug.) following the presentation.
- Each applicant must include two (2) recommendation letters with the application, with one (1) being from a Local Association Officer.
- To print an application, go to: www.centraloeanea.org/documents/ContinuingEdScholarship.pdf
- Initial professional educator license
- Renewal of an existing license/certificate
- Upgrade an existing license/certificate
- Earn additional licenses/certificates
Continuing Education Scholarship for Members
2760 Airport Dr. Suite 120B
Columbus OH 43219