The Central OEA/NEA Vivian Brown Educational Scholarship for College Students was created in memory of thirty-three-year teacher and Central OEA/NEA member Vivian Brown, who dedicated her life to the purpose of public education and the mentoring of future educators.
The purpose of the Central OEA/NEA Vivian Brown Educational Scholarship for College Students is to provide $1,000 scholarships to students pursuing degrees in education at an Ohio university or college. This scholarship will be awarded each spring to the child of a Central OEA/NEA member.
Criteria & Eligibility
1. Each applicant must be a child of a member of Central OEA/NEA district.
2. Each applicant must be accepted and enrolled in a course of study leading to a degree in education at a degree-awarding university or college.
3. Applications will be received beginning January 1, 2022 and no later than February 28, 2022.
4. Each applicant must include two (2) recommendation letters with the application, with one (1) being from a current professor/teacher.
5. The total amount of the scholarship must be used during the school year immediately following the presentation.
6. Previous recipients of the Central OEA/NEA Vivian Brown Educational Scholarship for College Students are not eligible.
7. To download an application go to: www.centraloeanea.org/documents/VivianBrownscholarship.pdf
8. Applications and recommendation letters must be returned to:
Vivian Brown Educational Scholarship for College Students
360 S. 3rd Street
Columbus, OH 43215
The application deadline is November 12th, 2021. Applicants must be available to interview via Zoom on November 23rd between 6PM and 8PM. All applicants must apply online using this form.
Fiscal Manager Job DescriptionGeneral Qualifications
The fiscal Manager is strongly encouraged, but not required to have a background in local association leadership at all levels, and be able to provide evidence of successful experience in these endeavors. Such evidence shall be by means of resume, letters of recommendation, and other such documentation as deemed pertinent.
The Fiscal Manager serves as the general manager and treasurer of the Association acting as one of the two required signatories, when possible on all Central checks as directed and authorized by the Executive Board. In this position, the Fiscal Manager is the statutory agent of Central OEA/NEA and is responsible for all Central financial transactions and bookkeeping entries.
The Fiscal Manager coordinates and facilities the implementation of all policies and programs established and authorized by the Executive Board, central President and the Central Vice-President acting on behalf of the President. The Fiscal Manager serves as a consultant to the various committees and shall be available to advise them and the officers of the Association on all policy matters through appropriate reports and/or recommendations.
The Fiscal Manager, working in cooperation with the Administrative Assistant, or entity functioning in that role, will monitor the coordination of all secretarial and administrative service functions of the Association, ensuring that the needs of the Central Executive Board, Central committees, and the Representative Assembly are served.
Looking to get more involved in your local association but don’t know where to start? Central OEA/NEA offers interested members an Emerging Leaders program to get you on your way.
Come learn about...
• The many layers of the Association
• What is your Leadership Style?
• Issues you will encounter as an Association Leader
• Skills you will need as an Association Leader
• What does it look like to become more involved in your Association?
• What does it mean to become an OEA or NEA delegate to Rep Assembly?
• What does OEA Headquarters look like.... Led by:
Jenny Palguta, Gahanna-Jefferson EA Donna O'Connor, Dublin EA
Upon completion of the program, participants will be awarded a certificate detailing the number of contact hours earned.
November 18 @ 6:00 PM, Central Office
January 20 @ 6:00 PM, Central Office
February 3 @ 6:00 PM, Central Office
March 15 @ 6:00 PM, Central Office
April @ 4 5:00 PM, OEA Field Trip