OEA Women’s Caucus
Contact person: Angel Dyer-Sanchez - chair
We advocate for continuing to improve the working conditions for LGBTQ+ educators across Ohio, as well as advocate for LGBTQ+ youth in public education.
Contact person: Daniel Redman- Chair
Social media: OEA GLBT CaucusOEA Hispanic Caucus
To promote and protect the professional rights, welfare and human rights of Hispanics. To assist Hispanics to assume leadership positions at all levels of OEA. To assist and monitor the OEA with its decision-making policies concerning Hispanics. To continually educate and sensitize the OEA about the needs of Hispanics in Ohio. To advocate excellence in the education of Hispanics in Ohio. To promote the contributions and achievements of Hispanics in Ohio.
Contact person: Sophia Rodriguez- Chair
Facebook: Hispanic Caucus
To fulfill the need for equity as minority educators in today's society, the DLAMC shall:
• Promote understanding of and, advocate for minority concerns and issues
• Facilitate equitable opportunities for minorities within the education profession
• Provide for internal and external networking to achieve common goals
Contact person: Lorna Ferguson- Treasurer
Mission and vision The OEA BAT Caucus is an active, working caucus, with much of our work done at Representative Assemblies. The OEA BAT Caucus is open to OEA Members who agree with our purpose to:
• Promote and defend public education and our noble professions
• Advance pro-public education policies and lobbying efforts by OEA
• Advocate that educators are the primary experts on their students' needs
• Advance equity through social justice
To join, please complete this form. The link for dues and NEA BAT Caucus form is embedded within it.
Contact person: Brittany Alexander- Chair