Central OEA/NEA is hiring a Political Action Coordinator for each of its 5 areas. The deadline for applying is December 9th, 2013.
These positions are part-time positions, with varying after school and weekend hours, depending upon the need.
Each PAC covers the following counties:
Area 1 - Fairfield & Licking Counties
Area 2 – Delaware, Marion, & Union Counties
Area 3 – Clark, Logan & Champaign Counties
Area 4 – Fayette, Highland, Madison, Pickaway, Ross Counties
Area 5 – Franklin County plus SCOPE, excluding Columbus
The initial term of employment would include the following months:
Feb. 2014, Mar. 2014, Apr. 2014, May 2014, Jun. 2014, Jul. 2014, Aug. 2014
Subject to satisfactory performance, candidates should also expect employment during the following periods:
Sep. 2014, Oct. 2014, Nov. 2014, Feb. 2015, Mar. 2015, Apr. 2015, May 2015, Jun. 2015.
JOB DESCRIPTION AREA POLITICAL ACTION COORDINATOR
: $500 per active month, plus an annual $500 stipend.
: February 1, 2014
: Central Political Action Oversight Committee
Term of Employment
: Renews at the beginning of each fiscal year (September 1)
: To increase Central OEA/NEA member involvement in political action
: The Area Political Action Coordinator works with local presidents and Education Advocate Leaders to increase local member political activity and is responsible for growing member engagement in political action.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
: The Area Political Action Coordinator
- Identifies an Education Advocate Leader for each local in his/her assigned area(s)
- Works with the Education Advocate Leaders and presidents on a regular basis to recruit members to volunteer for events and political activities (lobby days, phone banking, canvassing, etc.)
- Trains Education Advocate Leaders in effective political action.
- Trains member volunteers in effective political action.
- Assists with organizing political events, including in-district legislator visits, in his/her assigned area
- Submits reports, as prescribed by the Political Action Oversight Committee
- Supports other PACs with political activities within his/her assigned area
- Attends the annual Central Representative Assembly and Central Area meetings.
Interested applicants must apply online using this link
, and be available to interview on 12/15/2013.